Pastoral Ministry Training
Both Ordained & Commissioned Ministers are required to complete a pastoral ministry training programme prior to their ordination or commissioning.
This training will include completion of biblical and theological study through an approved provider, and a personalised development and training programme through Wesley Ministry Institute.
This programme begins with a one year programme as a recognised Ministry Student.
Ministry students who are accepted for training toward ordained ministry are then required to complete a further two year programme as a Licensed Minister.
Further training requirements for Commissioned Ministers are determined by their particular ministry context.
Pastoral Ministry Training Pathways
Commissioned Ministry Track
Ordained Ministry Track
Pastoral Ministry Training Programme
During each year of our ministry training programme, students will participate in:
- Ministry Training Intensives – each Intensive is delivered as 4 Teaching Blocks accessable via distance learning
- Understanding the Self – access tools and coaching to understand your personality, leadership style, strengths & weaknesses (e.g., MBTI, Strength Finder Coaching, Enneagram etc.)
- Skill Development Workshops – opportunities to hone practical ministry skills and learn from skilled practitioners
- Supervised Ministry Experience - practical field experience in a ministry placement
- Regular Reflection & Evaluation
- Cohort Connections (in-person and online opportunities to connect with others engaged in ministry training)
Applications for 2024 open 1 November 2023 and close 31 January 2024.
*Ministry Students applying to enter the Licensed Ministry Training track will receive application forms and information as part of their annual review process.